Monday, May 19, 2014

Creamed Mushroom with Black Pepper



Do you love mushroom just as much as I do? I guess I can eat mushroom almost everyday and I will never get bored. The recipe I am going to share today is a simple one and takes less than half an hour to prepare. This is however a side dish,... and I would say not even a dish, more like an accompanying sauce. You can eat it with your breakfast toast, pour it over steak or use as a  great pasta sauce.

Total Time
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 mins
Ready in 30 mins
Yields: 3 people

Ingredients:
  • 8-10 pcs button mushroom chopped to 1/4 inch thick slices,
  • 1 cup milk,
  • 1/4 cup cooking cream/heavy cream ( about 30-35% fat content),
  • 2 cloves of crushed garlic,
  • 1 tbspoon of butter ( You can replace it with olive oil), 
  • 1/2 tsp of crushed/grinded black pepper.
  • 2 green chilli (chopped).
Instruction:

  • Heat Butter in your pan.






  • Add /crushed garlic and mushrooms, saute for 2 minutes and put aside the mushroom.





  • Pour the cream in the pot . Add ground pepper and salt. Wait until there are bubbles.





      • Now put the mushroom back to your pot and cook for 5 minutes.


      • Mix corn flour with cold milk and pour over the mushrooms. Cook for another 2 minutes and your cremed mushroom sauce is ready to serve. ( I could not take any picture of the finished product as it just vanished before I could do that).





      I

      No comments:

      Post a Comment